Key Learnings from the article https://www.theusam.com/?p=204 (opens in a new tab)
1. What is public speaking?
You should learn the art of public speaking:
- To persuade
- To inform
- To impress & influence
2. What are the personal benefits of public speaking?
- Boosts confidence
- Builds critical thinking
- Develops personal satisfaction
3. What are the professional benefits of public speaking?
- Career advancement
- Creative thinking
- Critical thinking
- Better communication with leadership
- Increases professionalism
- Builds a confident image
4. 3Vs Approach
When you meet someone for the first time, you work on 3Vs, which are:
i. V-Vocal: (How is the speaker’s voice?)
Vocal covers the following points:
ii. V-Verbal: (What is the speaker saying?)
Verbal includes the following things:
- Communication skills
iii. V-Visual: (How does the speaker look?)
Visual involves the non-vocal aspect of your body such as:
- Body language
- Facial expressions
- Dressing sense
5. What are the mental blocks in public speaking?
i. English is necessary to impress
English is only a medium to communicate and not the parameter of your confidence. So, the language you speak in can vary but your point should be understood by others.
ii. It is only for intellectuals
Many people feel that public speaking is for leaders, trainers, and other people in higher position.
But public speaking is for you as well.
iii. Usage of heavy words & quotes
Golden statement by Albert Einstein
If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.
So, you don’t require heavy words and quotes.
iv. The first impression is the last
You should have a particular type of personality and you need to get rid of all the barriers in your mind.
6. What are the important topics covered in this course?
- How to overcome stage fear?
- How to build confidence?
- How to understand the audience?
- How to select topics?
- How to design speech?
- What are the steps of preparation & rehearsal of a speech?
- What is the role of body language in public speaking?
- Which presentation aids are used in public speaking?
- How to handle yourself on stage?
- How to use humor?
- How to engage the audience?
- How to answer questions?
- How to win client conversations?
- How to make impression on remote videos?
- How to earn through public speaking?
7. Who are the experts of this course?
1. Ms. Abha Maryada Banerjee: She is a leadership author, motivational coach, TEDx speaker, and international speaker.
2. Dr. Sneha Sharma: She is a public speaking and career coach. She is associated with various big organisations wherein she has provided training on public speaking skills. She has also organised various YouTube events.
3. Mr. Bhomick Sen: He has been the bestseller author, mindset and memory coach, and a TEDx speaker. Nowadays, he is working towards student empowerment and helping them to become a good public speaker.
4. Ms. Kavita Rahlan: She has been a TV anchor and also provides training to other anchors.
5. Mr. Ankit Ravindra Jain: He is a government employee but his passion is to provide coaching to the people in the area of public speaking. He has got expertise in communication.
6. Mrs. Samriti Grover: She has been a popular anchor for 15 years. She has shared her experience in this course.
Key Outcomes of the Video
- Learn the art of public speaking to boost your confidence
- Overcome all the mental blocks of public speaking
- Improve your verbal, vocal, and visual approach in public speaking
- Avoid the usage of heavy words & quotes while public speaking