- “Book writing and publishing”
Key Learnings from the article
According to Stephen King:
Writer बनना है तो आपको 2 चीज़ें ज़रूर करनी होंगी I
1. Barriers in the Book Writing Process
i. Fear of not being good enough
- Young writers fear that they lack experience.
- Experienced writers fear that they would not be able to match the thoughts of the young generation.
- Some aspiring writers fear that they would not be accepted among the authors’ group and the book publishing industry.
ii. Fear of rejection
Somewriters have a fear of book rejection. However, they should remember:
Rejection gives you more power to push forward.
a. J.K. Rowling, the author of the book Harry Potter, faced rejection 12 times before the book got published.
b. The Jungle Book, written by Rudyard Kipling, also faced rejection before it got published.
iii. Fear of criticism
New writers also fear that they may have to face criticism instead of appreciation. Such writers experience low confidence when family members, relatives, colleagues, seniors, or a writers group criticise their work.
iv. Fear of success
Some writers also have fear of the following things after getting success:
- They will not be able to give enough time to their families.
- They will not be able to handle the job responsibilities properly.
- They are unsure of how to manage and maintain success.
v. Fear of shame
Some writers fear that they are incompetent to be a writer, people may laugh at them, publication houses will not publish their work, etc. The fear of shame restricts them from writing their ideas.
vi. Other fears
Some other fears of new writers are:
- Fear of not getting readers for their books
- Fear of not getting enough sales of the book
- Fear of not getting sustainable income from the book writing
- Fear to compete in the existing market
- Fear of not finding a good publisher
- Fear of not getting enough investment
2. Book Writing Process – Overcome Barriers
i. Don’t fear rejection: You should always take the rejections/criticisms as feedback, learn from it, and move ahead to search for a better opportunity.
Successful people don’t fear rejection, successful people reject rejection.
ii. Move out of your comfort zone: A challenge always comes with an opportunity. So, you should never be afraid of challenges/risks and always take calculated risks.
3. Book Writing Course – Topics
i. Generating passive income through book writing
ii. Benefits of book writing
iii. Preparations to be done before book writing
iv. How to choose a topic for book writing?
v. Story structure
vi. Book covers designing
vii. Book title
viii. How to get the book published?
- Online publish
- Publish through publisher
ix. How to decide book price?
x. How to do Online/Kindle Direct Publishing?
xi. Tips to be an Amazon bestseller
xii. New-age marketing tool – InstaBook
xiii. Contracts and royalties for publisher and online collaboration
4. Book Writing Course – Professors
i. Dinesh Verma
- He is the Founder and CEO of Gullybaba Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., Gullybaba Kids, and Pendown Press.
- He helps business owners by providing book writing tools.
- He has published more than 2200 books.
ii. Sara Khan
- She is the Founder of Jot Down Ventures. It is a publishing house as well as an academy.
- She is a coach and the author of 4 bestseller books.
- She has done ghostwriting for more than 30 books.
- She is on a mission to have an author in every house.
Key Outcomes of the Video
- Overcome the fear of not being good enough, rejections, or criticisms as a writer
- Take challenges and move out of your comfort zone to be a successful author